Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Family abuse

I have some experience with family abuse my abuse was more emotional abuse and not to the extent that most children have gone through.  My story starts when my mom got remarried and her and my step dad had children, his biological children were treated totally differently, rules and bed times that I had did not apply to them I had several house chores while they had none .  In my early teen's I didn't think much of this but as I got into my later teen I started to question these rules and why my younger half sister and brother had total freedom while I was under what seemed to lock and key having a bed time of 830 as a high school student when all my other friends didn't have to be home till 10 and my siblings were up watching TV till 11.  This lead to me starting to speak my mind and arguing with him.  When he realized that I no longer would listen to him without questioning his decisions or asking why i couldn't and his children could he was very upset to the point that we got in a verbal fight one day which turned physical this fight left me with bruises on my arm.  Right after the fight I left my home and moved in with a friend till my mom found a place of her own where I could move into with her.  So in this case family abuse was caused by a difference of opinion and my step dad wanting to feel like he was the decision maker and here should be no one questioning his decision.
  In other cases of family abuse there are many different reason that could lead to the abuse none which are acceptable but stress, money, family history can be some of the issues that lead to abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment