Sunday, February 26, 2012
Changes in the Family
We talked about family structure, nuclear families, extended families and sythesis of the extended and nuclear family and how they have differed throughout generations. Many families have large families that are close and have family get together on a regular occasion. For my family my moms side of the family is large 7 siblings including herself her parents stayed together till her father passed away. unlike those families that are close knit I've only met three of her siblings and my Grandma once. This is partially due to the distance that between us and her family because when she was in her early 20's she moved form Nova Scotia to Alberta. My moms been married twice which lead to a divorce from my father and a seperation from my two sibling father. I have no connection with my dad and with thier dad so my family consists of My mom,brother, sister, niece. When I decide to start a family I want to stay close with my family and keep up to date with their life events, family functions birthdays as well as those events on my husbands side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment